Frequently Asked Questions
Please read through these Frequently Asked Questions to see if your question is answered here.
- If you do not find an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Do you do alterations and repairs?
- We no longer offer alterations or repairs of any sort.
- This includes hemming pants, skirts and dresses, replacing zippers, sewing on buttons, fixing torn seams, modifying dresses and skirts, and tailoring blouses, coats and jackets.
Do you have any clothing that is in-stock?
- Our in-stock clothing can be found on our Etsy Shop.
Do you vend at Renaissance Faires?
- We do not vend at Renaissance Faires.
- Our on-line catalog and our Etsy shop are the only places to purchase Crimson Gypsy Renaissance Clothing.
Do you vend at Belly Dance Festivals?
- We are no longer vending at festivals. Please see our Etsy shop for in-stock items available to ship right away.
How long does it take to receive an order?
Orders for Made-To-Order clothing are shipped 6-8 weeks from when the order is placed.
- All orders ship USPS Priority Mail with insurance and tracking.
How long in advance should I place my order for my Wedding - Prom - Renaissance Faire - Special Event?
- Please place your order no less than 3-4 months in advance of your required date, to make sure it is completed in time, and that you have a chance to try everything on to make sure there are no issues.
- Completely custom orders must be ordered a minimum of 6 months in advance.
Can you help me choose my size?
- Please send us an e-mail with your full bust, waist and full hip measurements to help us recommend the size you should order.
Do you offer Custom Sizes?
We are not currently offering custom size clothing.
Do you offer Rush Service?
- Rush Service is not available at this time.
Can I send my own fabric?
- We prefer to use the fabrics we have in-stock, as all of our fabrics are selected to be optimal for the designs being offered.
Bodices, Corsets and Renaissance Skirts are best made in medium to heavy weight drapery or upholstery fabrics.
- BDYWear is designed to be made in 4-way stretch fabrics.
- Please contact us so that we can let you know how much fabric your order requires, and where to send it.
Can my clothing be altered once it is made?
- We do not offer alterations on any of our clothing.
- We encourage you to take accurate measurements so that your clothing fits correctly.
Bodices and Corsets cannot be altered once they are completed, as they are finished with top stitching, binding, and grommets. Taking these items apart would be more work than making a completely new item.
Do you accept returns?
- All clothing sales are final. Returns are not accepted on made-to-order clothing, as it is being made at your request.
What if my Custom Size clothing does not fit once I receive it?
- If there is something terribly wrong with your Custom Size order once you receive it, we are happy to do whatever we can to correct any issues that are our fault.
- If you did not measure correctly and your Custom Size clothing does not fit properly, we cannot accept returns on these orders.
- Alterations may be able to be done in extreme cases, but they are time consuming and very costly.
I have an idea for something I would like made. Can you make this for me?
At this time we are not accepting custom commissions.