How to Measure
When measuring to determine your size for Bodices, Corsets, Dresses, and Skirts from Crimson Gypsy Designs, please follow these instructions for a most accurate fit.
It is important that you measure carefully, twice, to make sure that your clothing is made in the correct size. Made to Order clothing cannot be returned, exchanged or altered.
Once you have taken these measurements, please visit our Size Chart to determine what size to order.
If you need assistance choosing your size, please send these measurements to us via e-mail and we can help determine the correct size to order.
- Full Bust ____________________
Measure around the fullest part of your bust, at the nipple line. Your bra size is not the same as your bust measurement.
- Under Bust/Rib Cage ____________________
Measure directly under your bust around your ribcage.
- Waist ____________________
Your waistline is the smallest part of your body. This is where you bend, usually just above your belly button, not necessarily where the waistband on your clothing is.
- Hip 3" below waist ____________________
Measure 3" below your waist. This is approximately where your hip bones are.
- Side Seam Length ____________________
This measurement determines the side length of your corset. Measure up from your waist at the side to where you want your corset to stop under your arm. A good reference is the top of the side of your bra. If this measurement is too long, your corset will bite into your armpit or waist. If it is too short, your corset will not provide the proper support or you will bulge out at the top.
- Side Length to Floor ____________________
Measure from the side of your waist to the floor.
Notes on Measuring:
- Please take all measurements in inches.
- it is helpful to have another person or a local tailor or seamstress take these measurements for the greatest accuracy. It is difficult to accurately take your own measurements.
- While taking measurements, wear a supportive bra or proper foundation garment. Not wearing foundation garments will not provide the most accurate measurements.
- Please take your measurements carefully and accurately. Made-to-Order bodices and corsets are not returnable. We are not responsible for inaccurate measurements or radical weight loss or gain after you have placed your order.
- Please do not exaggerate your measurements to be smaller than they actually are, or your garment will not fit properly.
- A 4" maximum cinch is recommended for bodices and corsets unless you are an experienced corset wearer or tight-lacer and are ordering extra support in your garment.
- Corsets are not meant to close completely, but to have an opening of an inch or so where they lace closed.
- Bodices can be worn either laced closed completely or with open spaces where they lace.
- While all Crimson Gypsy bodices and corsets will cinch in your waist and bust a few inches, they are not meant for extreme waist training. These garments are very well constructed, but are meant for social wear rather than extreme wear.
- If we have questions regarding your measurements, we will contact you via e-mail.
- If you have any questions, please contact us. Thank you very much!
This page was last modified on
February 16, 2011
If you have any questions or comments regarding this site, please contact the Webmistress
All images, material and fashion designs on this site copyright Crimson Gypsy Designs © 1999 - 2013.
All rights reserved.
Website designed by HVVS
Crimson Gypsy Designs creates Renaissance Inspired Bodices and Corsets,
Wedding Dresses and Gowns, Chemises, Blouses and Skirts
for the Renaissance Faire, Weddings, Elegant Affairs and anywhere your
imagination takes you!
Renaissance Costumes, Clothing, Bodice, Corset, Wedding Dresse, Chemise, Peasant Blouse, Skirt